Tokio Marine Kiln 2021 Underwriting Graduate Scheme
Are you ready for the challenge? Tokio Marine Kiln are looking for exceptional graduates for their two-and-a-half year programme which seeks to provide in-depth experience, skills and a broad spectrum of product knowledge through insightful and challenging rotations across each underwriting division.
Together with rotations in core business areas and structured learning and development, including ACII professional studies, the programme helps to provide a foundation for each individual’s career in underwriting.
Typically, the programme is structured as follows:
- Induction to TMK
- Rotations ranging from 2 weeks to 3 months across various underwriting departments
- Shorter rotations in other non-underwriting business areas
- A short international placement is included however this is contingent on the pandemic, travel restrictions and business need
- Exposure to R&D through ongoing project work with the Innovation team alongside department rotations
- Continuous learning and development throughout the programme, including on-the-job learning, classroom and online training events and job shadowing experiences
- Professional qualifications e.g. ACII
- Mentoring from experienced Underwriters and past graduates
When recruiting their UK graduate schemes, they look for:
- A 2:1 honours degree or above in any subject. Graduates educated outside the UK will be expected to hold an equivalent level of academic qualification
- Good communication skills
- Well demonstrated analytical skills
- Proven numeric ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
- A demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for your chosen graduate scheme and understanding of your potential career path at Tokio Marine Kiln
This is a superb Graduate Scheme where you will be fully supported to fulfil your potential, follow your passions and develop a long term career as a London Market Underwriter.