When you arrive at Next Employment offices to register you will meet your dedicated Consultant in person who will:
- Explain our registration process in full, and take you through our registration forms and assessments.
- Show you to a quiet area so that you can complete the assessments.
- Go through your assessment results and offer you the option of free training on our systems if required.
- Conduct an interview to fully understand your skills and experience, as well as the type of roles that would interest you.
If you need help with your CV, we can help.
Please bring the following documentation with you so that your Consultant can start looking for work for you straight away:
- Identification in the form of a passport.
- Evidence of ‘Right to work’ in the UK (passport or visa as appropriate).
- Bank details
- References for the past two years from previous employers. If you have not been working, bring a personal reference from a professional, e.g. a College Lecturer.
- Qualifications and Certificates (original copies for verification).
- Any IT tests such as Word/Excel and PowerPoint.
Registering with a new agency can often be daunting, so we make sure that we have the right support in place for you.
When you register with Next Employment, you can expect the following:
- A dedicated Consultant who will work with you and contact you regularly during your job search.
- A choice of assignments, permanent jobs, short-term, contract or day-to-day.
- Work in small or medium sized business, large corporate or multinational companies in a wide range of sectors, including Insurance, Banking, Media, Marketing, Charity, Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Fantastic benefits including holidays, free use of the internet to help you manage your job search and access to train on software packages to enhance your IT skills.
Next Employment operates a Candidate Charter for all our registered candidates, detailing our commitment to you:
- We will ensure that you receive the most practical and honest advice in the industry, and if we don’t think we can help you we will endeavour to recommend someone who can.
- We promise to match your expectations and requirements to the right role, and to offer continuous improvement through feedback from both our candidates and our clients.
- We will treat you with respect at all times.
- With the support of a dedicated recruitment team, and by assigning you with a personal consultant, we are able to focus on your career development.
- We will provide, where possible, worthwhile constructive and honest feedback throughout the recruitment process.
- We will keep in regular contact with you to ensure that we continue to act in your best interests.
As our valued candidate we undertake to put you first, by making sure that we listen to, understand and reflect your needs in all that we do. Our aim is to provide you with a quality service that you will want to recommend to others.
Please call the office on 0207 422 0480 and speak to the dedicated consultant you have been working with.
Providing you submit your timesheet by Tuesday at 10am you will be paid on a Friday one week in arrears.
As an employer, the cost and time burden involved with direct recruitment can be onerous, taking key staff away from their day to day work and placing a strain on operational delivery. Associated recruitment costs, such as advertising, design, media placement and logistics can also be highly expensive, and the process requires in-depth expertise and knowledge to ensure successful placement – specialist skill-sets which in-house provision may be ill placed to provide.
By employing a specialist recruitment agency such as Next Employment, you gain peace of mind, and access to specialist skill-sets and recruitment channels. At Next Employment we provide a ‘right first time’ service that is of the highest quality, fairly priced, and which provides you with the talent your business needs.
As your recruitment agency partner, Next Employment will handle every aspect of the process, according to your specific brief. This will generally start with role definition and assessment, progress through to targeted advertising and candidate engagement, move into screening, assessment and interview, and finally result in a high-quality hire that is in line with your business objectives, and compliant with recruitment law.
We work extremely closely with each of our business clients to establish their detailed brief and to understand their business. This ensures that we are sourcing the right staff for the brand, and increases retention of subsequent appointees.
Many organisations use flexible and temporary workers in today’s competitive business environment. The temporary worker, or ‘temp’, is provided by a recruitment agency for a particular assignment. This assignment will generally take place over a defined period of time.
As the recruitment agency, Next Employment will cover all relevant costs, including employer tax contributions and holiday pay, and handle the administration associated with managing temporary staff.
As the client company, you will simply pay an agreed hourly rate that is defined before the assignment commences. This flexible employment arrangement is highly attractive to businesses that need to ramp up staffing requirements quickly and easily – for example, for rapid contract deliveries or expansions, or to rapidly gain access to a particular skill-set, without needing to increase fixed staffing levels.
A permanent employee is employed by your business, and sourced via2C Recruitment as the recruitment agency. Under this arrangement, the business will incur all of the new employee’s costs once in post – including employer tax contributions, holiday and sickness pay and salary arrangements.
A single one-off fee will also be payable to Next Employment for managing the sourcing process from start to finish. This is generally set as a percentage of the new employee’s first year annual salary, and the fee structure will be agreed beforehand.
Some businesses will keep a recruiter on retainer for high volume and repeat or specialist recruitment requirements, and benefit from a different fee structure which recognises the higher level of repeat business, and often attracts a range of complementary services within the service level agreement. At Next Employment, we work with a number of key clients in such a way. Please contact us to discuss your particular needs.
Every business dreads the task of sourcing and employing the best permanent staff! The process can be onerous and highly regulated, and occurs in an extremely competitive market where employers are all vying for the best talent! This combination of factors can result in a real drain on company resources, particularly where an in-house recruitment function doesn’t exist, or isn’t scaled to manage capacity requirements for high volume or specialist hires.
At Next Employment, we take the hassle out of the process and manage it end to end for you, using expert staff and advanced recruitment methods. This is particularly important where clients are seeking staff in specialist fields, or at short notice. We use comprehensive networks, cutting edge engagement techniques, best in class selection processes and significant brand leverage within our markets to find you the right client for the job.
We work closely with you to establish your brief and understand your requirements. Generally this will involve managing the entire process from initial advertisement across a range of targeted media, through to screening, and then drawing up a list of potential candidates. You decide who you wish to interview and we manage the process from there, supporting directly with interviews as necessary and then managing the processes required to successfully appoint the new hire into their role.
We also take on a valuable bridging role during the appointment phase, where candidates may be keen to negotiate on employment terms. In such instances, we work to represent you – the employer – to ensure the best possible outcome for your business.
If your business is facing an increase in workloads, a drop in permanent staffing, or a ramp-up in rapid turnaround projects, then temporary staff can provide a valuable source of the skills and delivery resource that you require.
Often, such occasions arise rapidly, and you need quick solutions to the problem. Rather than face the time-consuming process of permanent recruitment, Next Employment provides rapid access to the staff you need, without the administrative burden. Call us to discuss your needs and we will relieve the pressure for as long as you require, providing high-quality, screened and carefully selected candidates that meet your needs.
Remember, we also handle all of the employment costs associated with this arrangement, so that you only pay one pre-agreed fee for the temporary staff you need. By handling National Insurance, PAYE contributions and holiday pay, we can save you valuable time, as well as the cost of administration.
When we talk about ‘temp to perm’, we describe a situation whereby a temporary agency worker begins within your business on a temporary assignment, and then is taken on as a permanent member of staff. This is a common arrangement, and can provide a range of benefits to the hiring business. If the temporary worker is progressed onto a permanent contract before a certain timescale, a fee will be incurred under our service arrangement with you.
Every temporary worker is charged to your business according to a pre-agreed, single hourly rate, plus VAT. This rate is agreed between you as the client and Next Employment as the agency provider before the assignment begins. Remember that through that fee we take care of all the necessary staff costs for that temporary staff member – including PAYE, National Insurance, holiday pay and so forth, and we manage the administration too. This arrangement is highly flexible for you, and offers rapid and easy access to the staff that you need.