A fantastic opportunity to work for a global engineering company working in their new virtual Finance Operations Team. YOU will be working with the finance and project teams to support then on fiancé related activities, as well as participating in finance project and continuous improvement activities with the team and the wider business.
Initial this is a 12 month contract working form home but you need to be flexible to attend the office when needed. You will ideally have a fiancé or business degree, but a minimum of 3 A levels or equivalent at Grade C or above. If you have or are working todays a professional accounting qualification (AAT or CIMA) this would be advantageous.
• Prepare fee invoices, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to clients. Assist with ensuring monthly invoicing and cash collection targets are met.
• Clear outstanding items before month-end, eg timesheets, cash allocation, transfers, and check non-billable numbers, general ledger, etc actioning as appropriate.
• Monitor outstanding timesheet balances and aid in the process of ensuring that project timesheets are submitted punctually.
• Assist with understanding changes to staff conditions, eg site appointments, change of hours/conditions and ensure that timesheets properly reflect the change.
• Assist with monitoring and analysing monthly results, including overheads & cash, following up on anomalies and variances.
• Support with monitoring the financial performance of projects, including income against costs, WIP and cashflow.
• Review project forecasts with project managers regularly, and support with updating PFF as appropriate.
• Undertake general financial housekeeping activities, such as checking dead job numbers and performing time and expenses transfers as required.
• Monitor shared Mailboxes, resolving or escalating queries.
• Support with Accounts Payable processes and topics, liaising with approvers and GFSS AP as necessary to ensure prompt approval and on time payment of suppliers.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
Good numeracy and literacy skills and digital awareness, Good knowledge of Microsoft packages, Good knowledge of standard finance processes / procedures and systems