North American Claims Adjuster – 6 month contract
Next Employment Next Employment
Large International and well established insurer is currently looking to recruit a Non-Marine Claims Adjuster to join their Claims team on a 6 month FTC. You will report into the Claims Manager and assist with the delivery of the Claims Business Plan through management of claims issues arising from a designated book of business and development of nominated client relationships.
- Delivery, through personal ownership and via the team, of a first class service to all customers.
- Management of lead market claims arising from the designated portfolio including more complex claims and those beyond personal authority – this may be achieved by personal ownership or by working with a more senior colleague.
- Ownership of personal objectives to include personal training and development to support delivery of the Company’s Claims Purpose.
- Ownership of nominated client relationships to ensure delivery of Claims services to support and develop business objectives.
- Liaison with Underwriting teams regarding claims and wording issues at an individual and market level and to support profitable development of accounts.
- Ensuring fair customer outcomes and commerciality when decision making in line with the claims philosophy.
- To be aware of and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to financial crime & conduct.
- To have a clear understanding of the company’s risk appetites in terms of delegated authority, conduct and financial crime
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- In depth knowledge of property insurance and reinsurance claims, including large commercial property losses.
- Lloyd’s and London market non-marine insurance background.
- Good communication skills including being able to present to larger groups.
- In depth knowledge of the workings of the London market especially with regards to the core business classes.
- Understanding and knowledge of the market practices and duties and obligations of the parties.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook – knowledge of ECF essential.
If you are a Claims Adjuster with in depth knowledge of property insurance and reinsurance claims, including large commercial property losses, are available at short notice and meet the above criteria, please apply and we will contact you upon successful application.