Underwriting Assistant (Energy) – STEM Graduate – 12 month FTC
I am keen to talk to STEM graduates who are actively seeking a career within Underwriting for this 12 month fixed term contract position.
Working within the Energy division of this well-respected London Market Insurer, you will be working directly with the underwriters, getting first hand exposure to the underwriter/broker relationship whilst continuing to build your technical knowledge within underwriting.
– Assist the underwriters with account entry and underwriting preparation
– Complete front sheets and manage account bookings
– Liaise with brokers for outstanding underwriting information
– Reporting utilising Power BI and underwriter logs (submissions, bound accounts, GWP, etc.)
– Manage documentation in ImageRight, GuideWire and any individual account files stored centrally for each team
– Assist underwriting/actuarial/modeling with completing pricing models
– Work with operations and finance to resolve any underwriting and account queries
– Oversight and management of DXC queries and any errors for the team
– Manage broker contacts on behalf of the Energy team
– Assist with account clearance (working with operations/underwriting)
The successful person ideally will have some insurance work experience. You must be able to demonstrate your motivations for wanting to pursue a career in underwriting. Strong communication, problem solving, and decision-making abilities is a must. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment. A great platform to kick start your underwriting career.